We Offer Inspections for Cars, Pick-ups, Motorcycles, RV's & Trailers
Getting Your State Inspection
Roadway Lube Plus, LLC wants to help you pass your Texas Vehicle Safety Inspection. In order to make your Vehicle Safety Inspection experience as convenient as possible, we have provided you with the following information and tools. While the inspection list provided below does not guarantee that your vehicle will pass inspection, reading them carefully will prepare you for the inspection process and could increase your chances of passing your Vehicle Safety Inspection.
As of March 1, 2016, Texas has a single sticker system for both vehicle inspections and registration, "Two Steps, One Sticker."
What to bring to your Texas Vehicle Safety Inspection
- Proof of liability insurance: Must be an original and current Texas liability insurance card.
- Payment: Roadway Lube Plus, LLC accepts cash, check and credit cards (Visa, Master Card, Discover & American Express). Texas state law regulates the maximum cost of the inspection and requires that payment is made whether your vehicle passes or fails inspection.
What To Expect When We Inspect
Your Grangerland area vehicle inspection couldn’t be more convenient. Here’s what to expect.
Our certified state inspector will perform a brake test. All passengers will be asked to exit your car, truck, or van so that the test can be performed. Total vehicle inspection time is typically about 15 minutes or less. Hint: avoid the rush! Stop by Roadway Lube Plus, LLC during the middle of the month, from the 10th through the 20th.
Common Reason for Inspection Failure
Many inspection failures can be avoided. Please see the following list of items that typically cause a vehicle to fail when not in place or in the proper condition.
- Windshield Wipers
- Bulbs, including turn signals, stop lights and headlights
- Parking brake
- Seat belt
Partial List of Inspected Items
Here is a partial list of the items covered in your auto inspection:
- Windshield wipers
- Seat belts
- Brake system (parking – beginning with 1960 models)
- Wheel assembly
- Exhaust system
- Exhaust emission system (beginning with 1968 models)
- Beam indicator (beginning with 1948 models)
- Tail lamps (2); (1) if 1959 model or earlier
- Stop lamps (2); (1) if 1959 model or earlier
- License plate lamp (1)
- Rear red reflectors (2)
- Turn signal lamps (beginning with 1960 models)
- Head lamps (2)
- Motor, serial, or vehicle identification number
- All models – inspect for window tinting or coating
- Gas caps on vehicles 2-24 model years old.